Wednesday, July 05, 2006

We're Off To Paris!!



Hello all! We're off to Switzerland and Paris for three weeks of deadline free vacationing! I can't wait to check out every yarn shop I can find.

In the mean time, check out my French Market Bag and Wrap in Knitter's Summer 2006 issue! Another huge felted bag "The Santa Fe Satchel" in Interweave Fall 2006 issue and a lucious Aran coat in Knitter's Fall 2006! Also "The Sedona Blanket Bag" for the Skacel Collection! Phew!!!

My vacation knitting project is a wrap from Traditional Knitted Shawls and Lace by Martha Waterman. I'm updating the "Children of Lir" stole by knitting it in two hand painted nubby rayons called "Rio" by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. (A huge note as I publish this, there are many mistakes in this pattern, so if you are new to lace knitting, hold off on this one until I print the corrections next time.) One of the yarns is a stunning bronze color, the other is a lighter brown water color and together they look like melted vanilla ice cream sunday. Yummmmm! Makes me hungry! Absolutely scrumptuous! Keep your fingers crossed that I work on it on the trains. I'll post pictures on my return!

In the romance department, my darling husband, Steve and I will be revisiting Zermatt, Switzerland (you know, where the real Matterhorn is) we bought my engagement ring there 16 years ago, after he proposed a day earlier in Trafalgar Square (London). This time our 14 year old daughter and our niece will be joining us!

In other news, Kaffe Fassett is coming to Portland in October and I can't wait! I've been inspired by his multi-faceted designing for twenty years!!

Thanks so much to my sweet mother, Mimi and sis Allida for babysitting our dog, Bobby. Aarf!

So much more coming on my return! Happy knitting to my Tuesday night and Wednesday morning knitting girls and to Alice the owner of Tangle in Lake Oswego, OR! We'll be knitting again together soon!!!

Bye for now!
Marta

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Marta!

Can you believe our trip is almost over?? It's been so great...at least when we get home, we can start our traditional craft! Hmm, what will it be!?

Here's to our last weekend in Paris! Oh la la!

Love always,
Niece E.

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marta:
Thanks for your email. I love your blog.....the Hollywood notes are a great addition. What fun!

Nanct

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to find out how to get the directions for the scarf pattern on page 28 of the new interweave FELT magazine. I see no where to purchase it.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home