Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finished, felted and shipped!

The
Felted
French
Velvet
Scarf I started yesterday morning, was first knit and then felted and finished last night (or early this morning--2AM)! I wish you could feel what happens when you felt this particular Blue Heron Bulky Chenille 100% rayon yarn. It becomes silk velvet. Light, airy and drapy. I really think this scarf, knit in a dark color could be knit for a man, too.

It is in the capable hands of my favorite FedEx guy, who's delivering it to the East Coast by morning. I'll keep you posted on the name of the book and the publisher, when I'm allowed to tell!




Finally, I can share my whirlwind experience at Stitches in Santa Clara on Saturday! So many great, booths to visit in the Market Place. Here are a few of the highlights:

Arrived in Santa Clara early to stand in line to enter the Market at 10AM. I was so surprised to see the CROWDS of knitters! The last time I was at Stitches was 4 years ago and it was packed (remember when EVERYBODY and their brother was knitting furry scarves?)



Cat Bordhi, my daughter and I had a wonderful visit while sharing boxed lunches together. Then off to the Market where we met up with another good friend, Karin Skacel of the Skacel Collection busily demonstrating Art Felt (is that Amy Singer in the photo, too?)














Rick Mondragon



editor of Knitters Magazine!











Sheila Ernst of http://www.glasspens.com/ makes the most beautiful glass beads and glass knitting needles!!











Stunning knits are always found at Philosopher's Wool booth!







Carol was wearing a great sweater she bought in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I really must go there soon!






Two

TinkkniT

Fans!!






Cute

Orange

Scarf!!








Proud

Mom

knit adorable Baby's hat!!













UnButtons by Linda Sicard. I bought a huge bakelite broach from her. Love it!










Margaret knit her own sweater!












RedFish booth was glorious color!
Lastly, the pillow in my room deserved a photo for being so inspirational. Hmmmmm, what to do with this idea????






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home