Thursday, February 28, 2008

Georgia O'Keeffe Said It Best


"I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not ignore its beauty.”
Georgia O'Keeffe

Yes, I will paint it, knit it, embroider it and felt it!






You can find the Flower Market Bag at: http://www.tinkknit.com/Flower%20Market%20Bag.html

Button,
button
who has the button?

I don't know about you, but I love buttons. I collect beautiful old buttons and thought I'd share a few with you.
This last weekend at Stitches I bought a brooch which is made up of several bakelite belt buckles and buttons piled up and glued. You can find more goodies like this one at: http://www.unbuttons.com/.










I found these little gems in my travels. My mom made the smallest jewel of a brooch (below) for me when she found out how much I love, love, love old buttons.
I'm off to knit! Remember to add interesting buttons to your next project.










3 Comments:

Blogger iheartknitting said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:32 PM  
Blogger iheartknitting said...

Hi! My name is Becca and I am a freshman at KU. I was talking with you neice,Elizabeth, the other day and found out you were her aunt! She was so excited that I knew who you were (in the realm of knitting) and I was so excited that you were her aunt! I just thought I would share that story! :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Marta McCall said...

Hello Becca,

Isn't it a small world!! I'm so happy to meet you! Let me know if you need any knitting advice. Elizabeth is the greatest niece. I heart knitting, too! Marta

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home